Boston Public Schools and Northeastern University welcomed 250 parents to campus on Saturday for the second session of Parent University, the new, free, year-long education and training program to help BPS parents support their children’s academic achievement. The district, in conjunction with partner organizations, offered a wide range of workshops, many in both English and Spanish, including:
• Easing your way into Algebra
• Raising our sons
• MCAS: A roadmap to understanding your child’s scores
• K-8 science, your child and you!
• What is self esteem? How do we get it? How do we give it?
• No Child Left Behind: What’s in it for families?
• Let’s talk about it: Keeping communication open with your teen
View a slide show of photos from the event.