Six Boston Public Schools students have been selected for the United Negro College Fund’s (UNCF) Gates Millennium Scholars Program (GMS), the nation’s largest minority scholarship program. The BPS students, representing four high schools, are among 1,000 students nationwide and 11 in Massachusetts who received the good-through-graduation college scholarships that can be used to pursue degrees in any undergraduate major at the college or university of the recipients’ choice.
The 2010 Boston Public Schools Gates Millennium Scholars are as follows:
· Tatiana Cortes, New Mission High School
· Jean Heyd Meneide, Brook Farm Business and Service Career Academy
· Jasmine Lee, Boston Arts Academy
· Takii Rivers, New Mission High School
· Patrick Tavares, Brighton High School
· Jasmine Williams, New Mission High School
One of the students, Tatiana Cortes, was profiled in a Boston Herald article, while WHDH-TV stopped by New Mission High School to speak with some of the winners.
Photo: Tatiana Cortes (Boston Herald)